Monday, January 30, 2012

Back in the Saddle

My new nemesis.  The machine, not the girl.  I don't even know her.
But I know she's not doing it right, because she's smiling.  FALSE ADVERTISING!

I'm in a Biggest Loser contest at work.  And I plan to win!

So, tonight I had a buffet.  BUFFET OF CARDIO, that is!!

I started with 10 minutes on the elliptical.  It made my lower back hurt REALLY BAD! So I moved to 5 minutes on the stationary bike - and felt like my calves were going to cramp up the whole time.  So I finished with 5 minutes (0.5 miles) on the treadmill (yes, running!) and my calves felt the same way there (except for those final seconds when I made it go really fast - then I was too busy trying not to die to worry about exploding calves).

I thought the elliptical would be fun.  At first, it was - kinda bouncy and stuff.  But then that lower back pain set in, and got worse and worse.  Of course, the searing pain in my lower back DID take my mind off the discomfort in my quads and hamstrings... Anyway, they need to call it the ecraptical instead.

But, I kept my heart rate up at about 150 the whole time.  20 minutes of cardio is a good start.

I will win this thing!  (My goal is to drop 25 lbs and 5.3% of my body fat in the next 12 weeks.  This may require periods of starvation...)

No comments:

Post a Comment