Saturday, January 14, 2012

Impulse

No, that's not me...I haven't been fitted for mine yet.

My name is Michael, and I've been clean and sober from running for 51 days.  Until today.

But I have a good excuse.

Actually, it's all Griff Neilson's fault.  He posted on Facebook something about it being a good idea to get 5-10 minutes of cardio in before you start a weight training workout.  (Personally, I think this is just junk that trainers make up because deep down inside they hate us flabby people.)  But I trust Griff's judgment, and he's one of the nicest guys I know (despite all this "health and fitness" silliness), so tonight before my workout I thought "well, I guess I'll get on the stationary bike" - but then, on a crazy impulse, I walked over and got on my old nemesis the treadmill.

And ran.

I know, NUTS, huh?

But I figured I could handle 5 minutes, since the first five minutes never bothered me much anyway.

Of course, about 3 minutes in, I already had a stitch in my ribs, but I completed the 5 minutes, covering an even half mile.

Of course, I still hate running.  But I may actually do it again.  I'm crazy like that, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment