Thursday, November 24, 2011

29:55

Crossing the finish line (YES, that's me - on the right)

That's my official 5k run rime!

I DID IT!

It was crazy-hard, because of all the HILLS!  Hills, hills, hills!  The HILLS are alive . . . with the sound of huffing and puffing!  Oh, man.  I was NOT prepared for the hills.  At all.

My QUADS are killing me... and my nose won't stop running and sneezing!

A big thanks to Ryan, who kept me on pace and encouraged me all the way.  I do not think I could have done it without his support.

The winner of the "Guess My Time" Sweepstakes is: me.  Since I was shooting for 30 minutes and was only 5 seconds off, and nobody else chose to hazard a guess.  Guess I get to read one of my own e-books.  (That's okay, I like 'em.)

After the race, some people were talking about "next time."  Nope.  I am not convinced.  Cycling for me, from here on out.  (There may be future posts here about that...stay tuned...)

I am just REALLY glad I met my goal (which was, by the way, over six and a half minutes better than last year).

And . . . really, really glad it's over!

Because even now, after 12 weeks of training....I still really hate running.

I'm ready for turkey now!  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

 One very happy FORMER runner...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on slaughtering your goal by 5 SECONDS! Nicely done. Hills are the main element of a run that is hard to simulate on the treadmill...not to mention the down hill portions, which are impossible to mimic during in-door running.

    Like I said in my previous post, good on ya!! I'm glad you did it and thanks for including your readers in the journey. I hope the experience made your turkey was a bit more savory and juicy ;).

    Happy Thanksgiving to you, Jean and Seth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the hills! Awful - just brutal. I didn't use the incline on the treadmill at all, so this was a rude awakening. Tough stuff, and amazing that I actually ran the whole way without walking, and came in on schedule as well.

    The food was great today. Hope you and the family had a good one!

    ReplyDelete