Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY

What will be my time?  Enter to win!


Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I will do RUN #32 - and FINAL.  I've been training now for over 12 weeks (it actually went by amazingly fast, despite the continual torture).

My shape has changed over this time - slimmer waist, fewer chins, firmer all over - but no real weight loss to speak of.  My Santa belly has shrunk some.  Muscles are stronger, endurance is way up.

I am as ready as I'll ever be for this.

My goal, as you may recall, is under 30 minutes.

In the comments section of this blog post, post your guess for my final time (in minutes and seconds).  The person to guess the closest (you can go over - no "Price is Right" rules) will receive a free e-book from my collection.  There are currently nine books to choose from (there will be a tenth in a couple of weeks).  Feel free to peruse them now...

So, good luck to me, and good luck to you!

FULL POST-RACE REPORT WILL BE PROVIDED TOMORROW...

2 comments:

  1. Michael! I'm so proud of you for taking on and finishing this challenge. You are a true example of setting goals and bringing dreams to life--an inspiration to us all!

    I'm guessing the "torture" is over now...or nearly so. I hope it was a great experience and overall success. There's nothing like crossing that finish line to the cheers and applause of fellow participants and supporters. It is a real rush of confidence and sense of accomplishment. Savor it...you deserve it!

    My guess for your finish time--I'm guessing you woke up feeling strong and pumped and had a spectacular run to the finish at 28:05.

    I'll be eager to read about the details. Good on you, my friend. Keep inspiring and motivating us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Kevin! I apologize, I didn't see this (or your other two) comment until just now (it notifies me at a mostly-unused email address).

    Anyway, thanks for guessing...you are actually the closest (only) guess, so you win! I'll email you your prize...

    I am glad to be an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete