Monday, November 7, 2011

Run #26: Did it Again

5k is a long way! (No, that's not me, but it is certainly how I feel.)


The title of this blog has never been more appropriate. 

I really thought I was going to collapse tonight.  But, despite having an almost overwhelming desire to stop at least 32 times (and that was only after the 40% point) - I went ahead and did a whole 5k again - and I did it in 29:24 (four seconds short of my record, but 36 seconds better than my goal).

Oh, and I finally figured out what the "runner's high" is - it's what I *was* back on Thanksgiving Day last year when I said "I'm going to do this again next year!" and "I'll do it in under 30 minutes!"

I had a tough week last week (in terms of not doing a good job of getting to the gym).  So, tonight was doubly hard.  I am exhausted.

Tonight I picked a selection of songs that had been good for running previously (I didn't want to do any experimenting and end up with a situation like this again). 

Thanksgiving cannot come soon enough!!

hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate it

No comments:

Post a Comment