Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Run #27: Short & Sweet


Friday, I'm going for plaid!

Tonight I got out late, and had to vacuum the gym before getting on the treadmill, so I didn't have high hopes.

At about a half mile or so, I decided to just go for speed and see how fast I could complete a mile - so I hiked up the speed and went as fast as I could (in bursts).
Did the 1.0 miles in 9:02.

It really made my legs HURT, but... the short duration is very appealing - so I'm thinking I will spend the next two or three runs trying to do an 8 minute mile.  I figure it's a very tough goal (I'll have to maintain 7.5 mph the whole way).  And hey - if I'm half as good as that guy who ran a four minute mile, that's all right by me!

PLUS, then, when I return to (what I consider) distance running (that is, the 5k), my pace of 6.2 or 6.4 mph will seem SLOW after all that sprinting... it'll make it seem like cake, even if I do have to run for 29 minutes or so.

So, that's the plan.

I may hate running, but at least I've figured out several ways to trick myself into hating it slightly less (sometimes).

No comments:

Post a Comment