Monday, November 21, 2011

Run #30: Half-hearted

Almost there...


Saturday morning I ran again.  I did a half-5k, because my heart wasn't in it, and because I wanted to reserve some energy for vacuuming the gym afterwards.

My time was 14:29, which, doubled to a 5k, is under 29 minutes (but we all know it doesn't work that way).  If it did work that way, I could just multiply it out and say that I could run a marathon in four hours.  Or run across the country in under three weeks.  Ridiculous.  I will never run further than 5k, and I'll be lucky to do it in under 30 minutes on Thanksgiving.

So, tonight (Monday) I will run a mile as fast as I can, and do my Day Two workout.  Upon the wise advice of my friend (and run-day companion) Ryan, I will take it easy and not work out or run on Tuesday or Wednesday.  I will eat a pasta meal Wednesday night, get a full eight hours of sleep that night, arrive early and stretch, and then go for it!

I am just DAYS away from never running again!  Woo hoo!

Tonight I will return here to report on how fast I ran the mile...then you'll hear back from me on Thanksgiving, with race results and reveling.

2 comments:

  1. So I've got to ask...why are you responsible for vacuuming and cleaning the gym? Is that part of your membership fee or do you really just insist on running in a clean environment??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean and I provide janitorial services (aka "a sanitation engineering consultation package") in exchange for use of the gym (and in Jean's case, the services of a trainer). It's a great relationship. :)

    ReplyDelete