Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Buggin'!

No, that's not me. But I think I met him today.

Look, I'm all for getting in touch with nature, but this is ridiculous. I think nature touched me far too much today...

I had thought that the cool spell at the end of last week had put an end to the gnats along the bike path...but I was wrong.

I failed to bring my face scarf, thinking I wouldn't need it...but the bugs were back with a vengeance on this 72-degree October afternoon!

But that didn't stop me from riding 14 miles today! I went down as far as Western Drive this time. What a beautiful day, beautiful ride. I think I may actually make it to my goal (Ryan's house in Centerville) sooner than I think. The tough part will be navigating the streets between the pastoral bike path and my final destination, and making the 40-degree hill climb for that last half mile.

The worst part of riding is the literal pain in the butt. The actual legwork and respiratory work is not bad at all. And, according to my Livestrong food-and-fitness tracker, is really great exercise.

I am down 9 lbs in eleven days. Tomorrow, it's back to the gym for the Day One workout (ARGH!).

Yesterday, I just did a half-mile (5 minute) run to warm up for my Day Two workout, then a 0.2 mile (2 minute) cool-down run after. I have decided that is all I am going to do from now on, running wise. No 5k this year. My goal will be the ride to Ryan's. After I achieve that, I will increase my goal (though I will have to break from riding during the winter). But I will still do my workout and warm-up running at the gym.

Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment