Saturday, October 20, 2012

Double Down

No, that's not me - but I sure feel his pain.

After I rode all the way to Ryan's house in Centerville on Thursday, I left my bike there and got caught a lift home. Today, I drove down and retrieved my bike - and RODE IT ALL THE WAY HOME!

Yes, another 14.5 mile ride! Woo hoo!

And not only did I ride it all the way home...but I did it in 1 hour and 12 minutes - 4 minutes faster than my ride down! Granted, I probably made up most of it in the first thousand yards, rushing down that crazy hill, but still, I was amazed to have such a good time, considering it is mostly a gradual uphill for the last half.

Around two-thirds of the way back, I started to get really tight in my shoulders, particularly the left one. Very sore. Also, the bugs are still out in full force, as can be expected on a 70-degree day in late October. Crazy.

But I opted not to wear the bandana bandit-style, because when I tried it, I felt too claustrophobic - like I couldn't breathe. So I just dealt with the gnats.

Still, a great and beautiful high-calorie burning ride.

And I never felt bad when I'd get passed by people on their fancy-schmancy road bikes. I just trundle along on my $100 Walmart mountain bike, quite happy. Though, one day, if I can ever afford it, I would love to have one of those road bikes...certainly before I try anything as bold as the Century Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment