Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Run #12: This really CANNOT be good for you...

I've got my own "spare tire" to burn; only mine was established in 2002.

I mean, seriously?

How can something so reprehensible possibly be beneficial?

I hurt SO much right now.

I beat my record again, too.  Ran the full 5k (3.1 miles) and did it in 31:55.  Two nights ago I did it in 32:48, so that's 53 seconds better.  I intended to do it in 32:00 minutes or less, and met that goal.

I know it seems like a set up - the fact that I keep beating my record - but I assure you I am trying my VERY best every time.  Each time I run, I foolishly insist on bettering my previous run.  STOOPID.

I have to stop doing that before I kill myself.  I have to just aim for the 32 minute range for the next couple of weeks, THEN try to speed up and approach my ultimate goal of 30:00. 

My right leg hurts.

Tonight's running set list?

1. Black - Pearl Jam
2. Epic - Faith No More
3. I Want it All - Queen
4. Jet City Woman - Queensryche
5. Runaway Trains - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
6. She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
7. Gone Pecan - Sonny Landreth

Queen gave me a nice boost when I needed it, and the songs, overall, did help keep my mind (mostly) off the fact that I despise, loathe, detest, abhor and HATE running.

One of my coworkers, the nice young lady who runs marathons, mentioned today that you don't even start to warm up and burn fat until after the first thirty minutes of running.  (As far as encouragement goes, that's like telling me that I won't even start to see any weight loss until after the first 30 months without a donut.  Really?  Just shoot me now.)  Now, that 30-minute claim may be true when you're 5'2" and 90lbs, but when you're packin' around 220lbs, you better believe SOMETHING'S burning after the first TWO minutes of that torture.  How else can you explain all that pain? 

Of course, with all my extra fat, it's hard to tell that any of it is actually burning.  It's like those piles of tires that catch fire and burn for months and months without seeming to put a dent in the big rubber mountain. 

Although I was able to catch my breath every couple of minutes tonight, my WHOLE body hurt for so much of the run.  Miserable.

I cannot wait until Thanksgiving afternoon, when I will officially be DONE with running.

HATE it.  I will run again on Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment