Sunday, September 11, 2011

Run #7: Speed

Built for speed, baby.  Just like me.  (As long as it's only one mile.)

After running 2.5 miles last time - and nearly DYING! - I thought I'd try some new way to nearly die - going for speed.

Today I beat my record for a two-mile run. I did 2.0 miles in 18:31.  I started out at the ridiculously breakneck speed of 7.0 mph.  I was only able to keep that up for the first 1.0 miles (which I ran in 8:34), then had to slow down for a while (all the way to 4.0 mph, for 0.15 miles), then gradually worked my speed back up to 6.5 toward the end, breaking into a 7.0 pace for the last 0.10 miles (although I kicked it up to 7.2 for the final few seconds, trying to come in under 18:30 - didn't work).

My head hurts.  I am still kinda chunky.  How can I sweat three and a half gallons and still weigh the same as before?  (I guess it could be the weightlifting I'm doing on non-running days, miraculously turning my fat into muscle, which I hear is heavier).  But, does that mean this jiggly belly thing is muscle?

Didn't think so.

I HATE running.

No comments:

Post a Comment