Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Run #6: Ouch

Get a load of this little guy.  He wants to enter my stomach.  (He'll have to wait.)
 
2.5 miles @ 5.5 mph = 27:18 (446 cal burned)

I believe this is the longest I have ever run at that sustained pace - in my LIFE.

Yes, I set the absolutely INSANE goal of 2.5 miles for myself tonight.  Annoyingly, I just couldn't allow myself to fall short, so I went ahead and did it, much to my body's chagrin.

Now, I know you experienced runners are thinking, "Ha ha, 2.5 miles!  I remember when I was taking those first baby steps, now I'm just barely starting to get warmed up at 2.5 miles!"

Well, bully for you.  Go read one of those blogs that make me sick.  See right hand column ->

As for me, my right leg hurts pretty bad.  I hate running.

Half way through, I wanted to give up.  The music helped, but not much.  I started thinking, "Next time I'll just go for a shorter distance. ...  Next time? ...  Huh, more like never again! ... When I get home, I'm going to eat that cinnamon roll I denied myself earlier.  But then, when I get home, I probably won't want it anymore. ... Stupid mind games. ... You can't fool yourself!  Stop lying to yourself - this SUCKS!"

At 2.0 miles, I wanted to cry.  Seriously.  "This is crazy!"

Oddly, the last 0.15 miles was not so bad - I think at that point I was having an out-of-body experience to escape the pain.  When I was done, I just wanted to go home and cry.  (No, I didn't actually cry.)

All this stupid run did for me was make me hungry.  All the way home I saw ads and billboards that made me want to eat.  When I got home, I had a big glass of water.  And I no longer wanted that cinnamon roll!  Arrgh.  I'm having it for breakfast, dang it!

I so, so, SO hate running.

No comments:

Post a Comment