Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Run #9: More Pain

 In case you didn't know, this is a bat'leth.  Ironically, it resembles the sweat pattern on my belly.

New best: ran 2.6 miles @5.6 mph = 27:50 run time (464 cal burned).

Awful, just awful.  Running is SO stupid.  UGH!

If there were some other way to train for a 5k, I'd be on it in a heartbeat.  Like sleeping, or perhaps slouching.

My right leg is killing me.

A well-intentioned commenter yesterday suggested that after 15 minutes of running you hit a "groove."  Hmm.  For me, I hit a groove at about 2 minutes, and again at about 13 minutes, then once more at 23 minutes.   Each "groove" lasts from 20 to 25 seconds.

Those grooves barely qualify as scratches on the hood of that Ferrari I posted a few days back.

My groove is more like a GRAVE.  After 20 minutes, that angry Klingon returned, this time the dishonorable p'tahk struck from behind, burying his bat'leth in my left shoulder blade with extreme prejudice, attempting to send me into that grave.

After my 5k, I am DEFINITELY switching to something like the stationary bike or something.

Also tonight, I discovered that as long as the music is good, it doesn't need to be Dragonforce or other fast stuff.  As long as it serves to take your mind off the misery for a while.

I'm now 0.5 miles from my distance goal.  As for my time goal of 30 minutes, that's going to be nuts.  But I suppose it is POSSIBLE, given I've only been running for 2.5 weeks and have another 9.5 weeks of training to go...

But I totally HATE running.  HATE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment