Saturday, October 8, 2011

Run #17: Something a Little Different

 Ah, I love Sunday.  That's tomorrow.  Yay.

So, last night I was up too late to go running; figured what's the diff if I just do it in the morning?  I was going to be at the gym anyway...

So, this morning I went to the gym and spent an hour and forty minutes cleaning it (wiping down surfaces, mopping, vacuuming, taking out trash, etc.) - so I was already tired when I got on the treadmill.

So . . . I just decided to do my best.  I played around a bunch with the speed - eventually quit at exactly half of a 5k (1.55 miles) and 15:09 on the clock.  If you double it, that's just about right for my 5k goal.  Kind of like running a half-marathon, only . . . not at all like running a half marathon.  Just half of what I usually do, and it still made me sweat hard.

Then, as it was a workout day, I went over to the other side of the room to lift some weights.  Well, I was exhausted by this time, so after my first set, I called it quits.

Then I went home and worked all day on house chores and projects.  On my feet all day!

So, I feel I got plenty of exercise today, despite the short run.

My weight is down to 216 lbs today - that's good!  Only 26 more to get to my original goal, or 46 more to get to a possible revised goal I am considering.

Tomorrow is my day of rest.  Monday, I will run once again, although I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment