Monday, October 17, 2011

Run #19: Yes, only #19!

If running is so good for you, why do I feel like this? (No, that's not actually me.)


That's right folks, for those of you who can count - and tell time - you'll notice that I failed to do my last two scheduled runs (last Wednesday and Friday).  I'd like to blame it on the fact that I was distracted by the triumphant return of my wife and son from Colorado - I missed them for 12 days - but that would only be partly true.

The whole truth is: I love my family, and I hate running.  So, I skipped.  In fact, I was a total slacker last week, and didn't work out, either.

Then on Saturday, the super pro-trainer extraordinaire and owner of Lifelong Fitness, Griff Neilson, graciously put me on a new custom-designed workout.  I only did part of it on Saturday, and I'm still sore!

So, tonight, I started out very tired (ready to go to sleep), so just did the best I could muster.  I managed to do 2.0 miles in 19:15, which is well on track for a 30 minute 5k, but not my best time yet for 2.0 miles (that was 18:34).

Tonight's songs:
1) Sidewalking - The Jesus and Mary Chain
2) Sowing Seeds - The Jesus and Mary Chain
3) The Hardest Walk - The Jesus and Mary Chain
4) Born in Time - Eric Clapton (from Pilgrim)
5) River of Tears (most of it) - Eric Clapton (from Pilgrim)

My friend the Angry Klingon was back again tonight...and I had a hard time catching my breath, so I rode the speed all over the place.

I was so glad to be done.  Got that stupid "runner's high" again - everything was all bright and sharp on my way home, head swimming and pounding - miserable.  Who can like that?

Not me.  I truly HATE running.

(I will run again on Wednesday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment