Saturday, October 1, 2011

Run #14: Feeling My Age

Like a good cheese, I hope to get better with age.  Also, I kinda stink right now.


Started my run tonight at 12:08 am.  (I really meant to get out earlier, but had actual day-job work I had to do this evening.  Also got distracted by Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "The Inner Light."  Best. Episode. Ever.)

The plan was to run at 6.2 mph for 21 minutes (one minute longer than last time).  CRAZY MAN that I am, I went ahead and ran for 21:21 (because I liked the song that was playing).  This took me 2.20 miles.  I still can't imagine keeping up that pace for another 0.9 miles.  It's so hard!

I know, I know, all you runners out there are thinking: "Let me call him a WAM-bulance!"  But seriously, running hurts!

I don't like it.  No wait, I mean, I hate it.  (That was a weird slip.)

Tonight's song list:

1) Queen: I Want to Break Free
2) Queen: Radio Gaga
3) Queensryche: Hand On Heart
4) The Psychedelic Furs: The Ghost in You
5) The Psychedelic Furs: Heartbreak Beat (this is the song that was playing as I hit the 21 minute mark)

I have to admit I felt pretty good on the way home.  Of course, then I had to actually climb out of the car, and that's when I felt like a really old man.  I guess I am pretty old.  After all, I remember listening to those songs back when they came out.  When I was young.  And fit.

I will run again on Monday night (hopefully a lot earlier in the evening).

But I still hate running.

No comments:

Post a Comment